Leading Yourself and Leading Others (LYLO) – 5 Day Retreat
If you’re a leader and not getting the results you want or want to improve your productivity or relationships at work then our signature 5 day leadership retreat might be just what you need.
Conducted in a safe and supportive small group situation – you’ll attend 4 days of workshops over a 5 day period.
This program is experiential and educational. You’ll learn the skills to be an Assertive leader – taking responsibility and following through on the right actions. You’ll know exactly what to say and how to say it to your team. You’ll learn how to read your people and understand their motivations and aspirations.
If you’d like to know if this program is right for you, click on the link below to Chat With Shirley.
“Hi Shirley & Ross, thanks for an amazing experience! You need to sell this as an experience and not a course! This is your “Purple Cow” (hope you have read this book). This is what sets you apart from every other “intensive leadership” course. The small team environment, the homework (which we failed!!!!!!) the accountability, the hands on coaching is invaluable. Please keep me informed of your ongoing leadership courses as I will definitely send staff at some stage”.
“The key to becoming an effective leader is not to focus on making other people follow, but on making yourself the kind of person they want to follow. You must become someone others can trust to take them where they want to go”.
John C Maxwell – Author
Why take our program?
- Better understand yourself and your people
- Positively interact with your team
- Use the language of leadership
- Delegate more easily
- Motivate and lead yourself and your team to achieve better results
- Discover what gets in your way and what you can do about it
- Develop greater self awareness
- Gain clarity, focus and commitment, translating into a bigger bottom line
- Improved productivity
- Improved relationships (at work and at home)
- The tools you learn with us will last a lifetime
- Get your life back.
How Our Program Works
Step 1 – Integrity and Values profile
Prior to the first workshop you will complete an Integrity and Values profile and receive a two hour face to face feedback session and written report. This will provide an insight into who you are as a leader. The workshops and coaching sessions will build on these insights and enable you to make the most of your strengths.
Step 2 – 4 full day workshops
Our program includes 4 full day workshops (held over 5days). These have been designed to provide maximum learning opportunities, catering for all styles of learning. Workshops are interactive, jam-packed with activities, exercises and group processing and facilitation of participant issues.
Step 3 – 2 hours face to face individual coaching
You receive 2 hours face to face coaching with Shirley. Shirley will work with you to integrate your learnings and support you through the process.
Step 4 – Mastermind Group Meeting
You will also participate in 1 Mastermind group meeting where you can access the wisdom and experience of your fellow participants. Ask for and give advice on issues raised at the meetings. This is an invaluable opportunity to access your brains trust.
Step 5 – Train the Trainer Resources
Not only will learn for yourself, you’ll be given the resources to train others in your team and also share with those in your personal life. It is an expectation of the experience that you will share this knowledge. We want you to share to help others improve their relationships too.
What You Will Learn
How We Learn
Introduction to 8 Basic Skills
- Self awareness
- Personal responsibility
- Authentic disclosure
- Empathetic listening
- Reducing fear & anxiety
- Resolving conflicts
- Handling values collisions
- Planning and meeting personal goals
Four Behaviour Types
Team behaviour and how to improve your team
How to ask for what you want
- Day 1 Review & Homework
- Behaviour – Yours & Others
- Active Listening
- Roadblocks to Communication
- The Language of Leadership
- How to Speak Assertively
- 10 Blind Spots of Leaders and what to do about them
- Developing High Performance Teams
- Day 1 and 2 Review & Homework
- How Society Works
- 3 Styles of Management
- Leaders are Action Takers
- Knowing who I am and how this impacts on others
- Understanding Values Collisions and what to do about them
- Taking Ownership and Commitment
- Day 1, 2 & 3 Review & Homework
- Understanding & Using Power
- The Roles we Play
- The Process of Change
- From Dependence to Interdependence
- The Courageous Leader Emerges
If you’d like to know if this program is right for you – click below to have a chat with Shirley.