Shinnex Road Pty Ltd
T/as Dalton Business Systems;
Shirley Dalton & The Video Marketing Agency
Dalton Business Systems; Shirley Dalton and The Video Marketing Agency are business consultants committed to protecting the privacy of client information and to handling personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, the Australian Privacy Principles and relevant State and Territory privacy legislation (referred to as privacy legislation).
We collect information that is necessary and relevant to provide our services. The information may include your name, address, date of birth, gender, business information, credit card and direct debit details and contact details. This information may be stored on our computer records system and/or in hand written records.
We collect information from you personally or from publicly available sources of information.
Use and Disclosure
We will treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose it for purposes directly related to the service we provide. Your personal information will only be available to our employees. We will always seek your permission, where it may be necessary or beneficial to you, for us to provide your information to agreed third parties before passing on any details.
We may disclose information about you to outside contractors to carry out activities on our behalf, such as an IT service provider, solicitor or debt collection agent. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how they handle your personal information. Outside contractors are required not to use information about you for any purpose except for those activities we have asked them to perform.
We will never rent or sell your information.
- We will only collect information with your consent
- We will only collect information which is relevant to providing our services and products to you.
If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide our services or products to you.
We may collect information for direct marketing purposes to inform you of any relevant promotions that we may conduct from time to time. You may opt out of this service at any time.
Data Quality and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. For this purpose our staff may ask you to confirm that your contact details are correct from time to time. We request that you let us know if any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date.
Personal information that we hold is protected by:
- securing our premises; and
- placing passwords and varying access levels on databases to limit access and protect electronic information from unauthorised interference, access, modification and disclosure.
If you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we ask that you contact us in writing (see details below).
You are entitled to request access to your records. We request that you put your request in writing and we will respond to it within a reasonable time.
We may deny access to your records in certain circumstances permitted by law, for example,
- the information is subject to legal privilege
- the information relates to commercially sensitive decision making process;
- if disclosure may cause a serious threat to your health or safety, or pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- a frivolous or vexatious request;
- access would be unlawful or denying access is required or authorised by law;
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function, or negotiations with the individual;
We will always tell you why access is denied and the options you have to respond to our decision.
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we request that you contact us in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint we will consider the details and attempt to resolve it in accordance with our complaints handling procedures.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of a complaint or the outcome you may make an application to the Australian Information Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner in your State or Territory.
Overseas Transfer of Data
Your personal information or data held in our databases, may be stored overseas according to our suppliers’ operations. All data stored is held and protected in strict confidence.
Please direct any queries, complaints, requests for access to records to:
The Privacy Officer
Dalton Business Systems
P O Box 22 Charlestown NSW 2290
Phone: +61 2 4920 9808.