Shinnex Road Pty Ltd
T/as Dalton Business Systems;
Shirley Dalton & The Marketing Video Agency
Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses (Dalton Business Systems; Shirley Dalton and The Marketing Video Agency) are business consultants committed to protecting the privacy of client information and to handling personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, the Australian Privacy Principles and relevant State and Territory privacy legislation (referred to as privacy legislation) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (known as GDPR).
We collect information that is necessary and relevant to provide our services. The information may include your name, email address, address, date of birth, gender, business information, credit card and direct debit details and contact details. This information may be stored on our computer records system and/or in hand written records.
We collect information from you personally or from publicly available sources of information.
Use and Disclosure
We will treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose it for purposes directly related to the service we provide. Your personal information will only be available to our employees. We will always seek your permission, where it may be necessary or beneficial to you, for us to provide your information to agreed third parties before passing on any details.
We may disclose information about you to outside contractors to carry out activities on our behalf, such as an IT service provider, solicitor or debt collection agent. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how they handle your personal information. Outside contractors are required not to use information about you for any purpose except for those activities we have asked them to perform.
We will never rent or sell your information.
- We will only collect information with your consent
- We will only collect information which is relevant to providing our services and products to you.
If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide our services or products to you.
We may collect information for direct marketing purposes to inform you of any relevant promotions that we may conduct from time to time. You may opt out of this service at any time.
Data Quality and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. For this purpose our staff may ask you to confirm that your contact details are correct from time to time. We request that you let us know if any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date.
Personal information that we hold is protected by:
- securing our premises; and
- placing passwords and varying access levels on databases to limit access and protect electronic information from unauthorised interference, access, modification and disclosure.
If you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we ask that you contact us in writing (see details below).
You are entitled to request access to your records. We request that you put your request in writing and we will respond to it within a reasonable time.
We may deny access to your records in certain circumstances permitted by law, for example,
- the information is subject to legal privilege
- the information relates to commercially sensitive decision making process;
- if disclosure may cause a serious threat to your health or safety, or pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- a frivolous or vexatious request;
- access would be unlawful or denying access is required or authorised by law;
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function, or negotiations with the individual;
We will always tell you why access is denied and the options you have to respond to our decision.
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we request that you contact us in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint we will consider the details and attempt to resolve it in accordance with our complaints handling procedures.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of a complaint or the outcome you may make an application to the Australian Information Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner in your State or Territory.
Overseas Transfer of Data
Your personal information or data held in our databases, may be stored overseas according to our suppliers’ operations. All data stored is held and protected in strict confidence.
GDPR Compliance (May 2018)
- What personal information we collect. When You create a Shinnex Road Pty Ltd User Account, purchase a product, download a software update, or contact us, we collect a variety of information, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and contact preferences. When payment, or payment information, is required, we will direct You to submit credit card information through a third-party.
- How we use Your personal information.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep You posted on Shinnex Road Pty Ltd latest product announcements, products updates, and upcoming events. If You don’t want to be on our mailing list, You can opt out anytime by navigating to the unsubscribe link in the last e-mail You received from Shinnex Road Pty Ltd businesses. You will have the option to unsubscribe from an individual list, or from all Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses lists.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use Your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses Account holders.
- From time to time, we may use Your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to Your interaction with Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses, You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information. We also collect data in a form that does not identify any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as business, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, and the time zone where a Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Business product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on any of our websites. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is non personal information.
- We may collect and store details of how You use our services. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
- Disclosure to Third Parties. At times Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide products and services, or that help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Affiliates. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses may provide Your email address to affiliates or users who refer You to us, or through whom You create a Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses account.
- Service Providers. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to You, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and assessing Your interest in our products and services. We also share Your information with financial institutions who provide payment (both to and from You) services. These companies are obligated to protect Your information and may be located wherever Shinnex Road Pty Ltd businesses operate.
- Legal. It may be necessary − by law, litigation, or requests from government authorities within or outside Your country of residence − for Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses to disclose Your personal information. We may also disclose information about You if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about You if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
- Corporate Change. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale of Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- Protection of Personal Information. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses takes the security of Your personal information very seriously. When Your personal data is stored by us, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When You use some of our products and services that by their nature are public facing, such as when You post on a Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses forum, the personal information and content You share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information You choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if You list Your name and e-mail address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
- Access to Personal Information. You can help ensure that Your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by emailing a request to [email protected] For other personal information we hold, we will provide You with access (including a copy) upon Your request. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting [email protected]
- Children & Education. We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses products and services. Children under the age of 18, are not permitted to create their own Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses IDs; instead, a parent must obtain the account and provide the parent’s information to Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 we will delete the information as soon as possible.
- Third Party Sites and Services. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage You to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Your Rights Under the GDPR. If You are a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, the GDPR grants You the following rights:
- Access to Your Personal Data. You have the right to receive a copy of Your personal data that is subject to processing by Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to You within one calendar month of when You make the request. In cases of excessive, unreasonable, or repeated requests Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses may charge You a reasonable fee and may require additional time to grant Your request. Also, Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of Your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
- To have Your Data Corrected. If Your personal data is erroneous or outdated, You have the right to have it corrected. To do so, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected]
- To be Forgotten. You have the right to be forgotten by Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses. You may exercise this right by e-mailing us at [email protected]. We will comply with Your request, at no charge to You, within one calendar month by deleting Your account, along with all of Your personally-identifiable data that is subject to any Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses processing. Naturally, after we grant Your request You will not have access to any of our products or services unless and until You open a new Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses account. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent the granting of fraudulent requests.
- To Restrict Processing of Your Data. You can request that Your data not be processed via our partners. You can make that request by e-mailing us at [email protected], if you wish, you can even specify which third parties to restrict from processing Your data. We will respond to Your request, at no charge to You, within thirty (30) days from when You make Your request. Please be advised that some of our partners, are essential to our services, so that if You block processing by them, our services may be unavailable to You.
- Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of Your personal data that is subject to processing by Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses in a portable format, or to have it transferred directly from us to another party. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to You within one calendar month of when You make the request. We may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request to transfer data to You or another party so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of Your personal data in a portable format, or to request a direct transfer of Your data, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
- Your Responsibility Under GDPR. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses is a data controller and will comply with its obligations under the GDPR; but with respect to Your customers, You are probably a data controller or data subject, and if any of Your customers is a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, then You must ensure that You comply with Your obligations as a data controller or data subject under the GDPR; namely, You must ensure that You afford Your Customers the rights identified above. Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses sells business and systems coaching and consulting program and video services, it does not provide legal advice or legal services, nor does it sell a “done-for-you” GDPR compliance package. Please consult legal counsel of Your own choosing for advice on what You need to do to comply with GDPR.
- Our Company wide Commitment to Your Privacy. To make sure Your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Shinnex Road Pty Ltd Businesses employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Please direct any queries, complaints, requests for access to records to:
The Privacy Officer
Dalton Business Systems
P O Box 158 Charlestown NSW 2290
e: [email protected]
Phone: +61 402281146.